Phoenix Ester-Based Fire-Resistant Hydraulic Oil is polyol ester type hydraulic fluids formulated with selected additives, available in four ISO viscosity grades: 32, 46, 68 and 100. This biodegradable and environmentally responsible fluid, which does not contain water, mineral oil or phosphate esters, can be used in place of a conventional anti-wear hydraulic fluid in applications where there is a risk of fire or accidental environmental contamination, where it achieves excellent hydraulic fluid performance.
- Hydraulic applications where there is a risk of fire or of accidental environmental contamination, where a conventional mineral oil based anti-wear hydraulic fluid
- would present a fire hazard or pollution hazard.
- Hydraulic applications where a fire-resistant anti-wear hydraulic fluid of type ISO 6743/4 HFDU or ISO/FDIS 12922 is required.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- High flash point (2700°C) and fire point (3300°C) make the fluid resistant to fire, offering a safer working environment and greater equipment protection.
- Excellent anti wear performance in hydraulic pumps and valves when used in accordance with the equipment manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Excellent thermal and oxidation stability reduce the formation of deposits and sludge and prevent valve sticking, ensuring longer system life and extended drain intervals.
- High shear stability means the fluid stays in grade and is not broken down in service.
- Very high viscosity index (VI > 180) provides outstanding viscosity–temperature performance compared to conventional mineral oil (VI ~ 100) and phosphate ester (VI <0) hydraulic fluids.
- Good lubricity properties, provided by the polyol ester fluid, protect hydraulic components from wear.
- Compatible with iron, steel, and most non-ferrous metals and their alloys.
- Wide operating temperatures range from –200°C to 900°C.
- Suitable for use in hydraulic systems operating at a constant pressure of >40 mPa.
- Non-toxic, non-irritating and contains no hazardous ingredients, so safe to use and handle.
- Readily biodegradable and non-toxic to aquatic life, so suitable in applications where accidental spillage or leakage of fluid is possible.
- Excellent storage stability and long product life – comparable to conventional mineral oil fluids or polyglycols.
PERFORMANCE LEVELS: Meets and Exceeds:
- ISO/FDIS 12992
- 6743/4 HFDU (synthetic fluids containing no water, other compositions)