Phoenix Open Gear Oil HD is formulated with high-quality base oils, a multifunctional additive system and additional graphite for use in large, slow moving open gears, steel cables and wire ropes. The product does not contain asphaltic material, heavy metals or chlorine compounds, and does not require dilution with an organic solvent prior to use, so is environmentally sustainable and does not pose a health hazard. Available in four ISO viscosity grades: 150, 220, 320 and 460.
Large, slow-moving open gears, semi-closed gears, steel cables and wire ropes, operating in severe conditions and exposed to the environment. Applications such as open gears (girth gear and pinions) in tube mills, rotary kilns, sintering material mixers, overflow mills, log and stem debarkers, and similar equipment used in the cement, power, steel, pulp and paper industries. Applications fitted with industrial automatic lubrication systems, such as those manufactured by Lincoln, Farval and Vogel, which automatically spray lubricant onto open gears.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Excellent adhesive properties ensure that the product sticks onto the surfaces of open gears and steel cables and is resistant to wash-off by water.
- Good anti-wear and extreme pressure properties protect gear surfaces from wear when exposed to heavy or shock loads, and so extend equipment life.
- The graphite provides additional residual lubrication to metal surfaces, when operating under boundary lubrication conditions, and prevents scuffing and scoring (for example, in applications where vibration or oscillation may cause liquid lubricants to be squeezed out from between gear teeth).
- Anticorrosion properties protect gear teeth, and steel cables, from corrosion and wear in difficult open environmental conditions, extending component life.
- Good fluidity, even at low temperatures, ensures ease of application, whether applied manually or via an automatic lubrication system.
- Environmentally friendly formulation contains no asphaltic materials, organic solvents, heavy metals or chlorine
- compounds, and ensures no health hazard to equipment operators.
PERFORMANCE LEVELS: Meets and Exceeds:
- ISO 6743-6 L-CKM
- AGMA 9005-E02 14R (ISO 460)