Phoenix Heat Transfer Oil is mineral oil-type heat transfer oil for use in thermic systems with forced circulation.
Phoenix Heat Transfer Oils are recommended for use in thermic systems where fuel oil, gas, or electricity is used to heat a fluid, which then transfers the heat to the point of application. In closed, forced circulation systems equipped with expansion tanks, Phoenix Heat Transfer Oil Grade 22 can be used with bulk oil temperatures up to 316°C (600°F) and skin temperatures up to 343°C(650°F) where good thermal stability and pump ability are required. Phoenix Heat Transfer Oil 22 is also ideal where high thermic rates combine with high flow rates, and for systems where repeated heating and cooling cycles are required. In closed or open systems with forced circulation, Phoenix Heat Transfer Oil Grade 46 can be used where bulk oil temperatures do not exceed 288°C (550°F) and skin temperatures may be as high as 316°C (600°F). The oil surface in contact with air in open systems should not exceed 107°C(225°F). Copper and copper alloys should not be used in heat transfer systems with a hydrocarbon fluid unless air (oxygen) is excluded from contact with the fluid by hermetic sealing and/or an inert gas “blanket.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Phoenix Heat Transfer Oil are mineral-type transfer oils for use in secondary or indirect heating systems. They are formulated with premium base oil technology.
- Phoenix Heat Transfer Oil are noncorrosive, low odor level, excellent seal compatibility fluids that can absorb heat quickly and transport it to the material or fluid requiring heat.
- Their excellent thermal and oxidation stability promotes long service life and clean heat exchanger systems.
- There are many uses of heat in processing materials. There are also many ways of transferring heat to the material or fluid that needs to be heated. Phoenix Heat Transfer Oils are excellent for this purpose and offer many advantages.
- They can be used at low pressures. In most applications, the equipment required to apply the oils is relatively inexpensive. The application equipment can also be portable and, therefore, used where it is needed.