Phoenix Moly L is an extreme pressure/anti-wear molybdenum disulfide, formulated with a lithium soap thickener and high quality mineral base oil. It contains selected additives and molybdenum disulfide (MoS2 or ‘moly’). It has outstanding extreme pressure/anti-wear properties and mechanical stability. Available in NLGI grades of 1, 2 and 3.
Bearings and gears of heavily loaded equipment operating under vibrating/oscillating conditions, such as those used in the steel and mining industries, where a robust extreme pressure/anti-wear grease is required.
Applications where the Operating temperature range is from –20°C to +120°C
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Excellent extreme pressure and anti-wear properties protect heavily loaded or shock-loaded bearings and gears from wear, extending equipment life.
- Solid molybdenum disulfide provides an additional measure of residual lubrication, which protects metal surfaces against wear in applications where vibrating or oscillating movement tends to squeeze out the grease from between the surfaces.
- Lithium soap thickener ensures good mechanical stability, so the grease structure does not soften or break down in service.
- Good water resistance properties ensure the grease is not easily washed out of bearings or off gear surfaces, so ensuring optimum protection.
- Good adhesive properties ensure the grease sticks to the metal surfaces sealing out dirt and abrasive materials, and so allows longer lubricating intervals.
- Provides good protection against rust and corrosion, extending component life and re-lubrication intervals.
PERFORMANCE LEVELS: Meets and Exceeds: